There are many needs for oral surgery procedures in order to obtain favorable health or complete various tooth or teeth restorations. Oral surgery can sound like a scary and daunting process. However, with essential tips and the right information, the process can be more natural than you may think.
Our dentist, Dr. Moats Dental, cares about your health and wishes you a steady and healthy recovery from your oral surgery. That is why, Moats Dental in Buffalo Grove, Illinois, is here to provide you with some basic tips on recovering from your oral surgery.
Here are some simple tips to help you through your recovery process:
– Follow your doctor’s orders and instructions exactly for the appropriate recovery.
– Stay away from tobacco. Tobacco can damage your gums and slow down healing.
– Make sure you’re getting a full night’s sleep each night as sleep is essential for proper recovery from oral surgery.
– Understand your options for eating and drinking. Stay away from products that can cause damage to your teeth and gums as well as be aware of hot and cold conditions that could affect your recovery.
– Schedule aftercare appointments with your doctor to make sure your recovery is progressing as required.
If you have questions about your procedure, or if you have any questions about the recovery, please call us today at 847-850-0252. Our team is always happy to assist you and help you get back on your feet as quickly as possible.